If your shared / reseller server has a physical downtime that is not within the 99.9% uptime you may receive one month of credit on your account. Approval of the credit is at the discretion of KhulnaHost dependent upon justification provided. Third party monitoring service reports may not be used for justification due to a variety of factors including the monitor’s network capacity/transit availability. The uptime of the server is defined as the reported uptime from the operating system and the Apache Web Server which may differ from the uptime reported by other individual services. To request a credit, please open a billing ticket with justification. Uptime guarantees only apply to shared/reseller web hosting solutions.
We guarantee that our web server will be up and responding for at least 99.9% of the time. If, in any given calendar month, this guarantee is not met, we will give you a refund of a proportion of that month’s fees. The refunds are calculated as follows:
|Uptime Guarantee||SLA Credit|
|Less than 99%||100%|
Terms are as follows:
- To claim a refund for any given month, you must submit a claim. The latest time you can do this is 23.59 hrs (GMT +6) on the 7th day of the following month. You should submit your claim by opening a support ticket our billing department.
- Please include any supporting evidence you have that your account was not operational for the period of time you are claiming. Third-party uptime monitoring services will help us determine the validity of your claim, but they cannot be taken as incontrovertible proof. The reasons for this are that errors their end can give the impression of downtime, and that an incorrectly set-up monitor may make the server appear down when actually your test page is poorly designed.
- We will assess your claim, and reply to you by the end of the month in which you make your claim. We will honour all valid claims, but our decision is final as to the validity of any claim.
- Refunds under the Service Level Agreement (SLA) are given in the form of credit to your account; this credit can then be offset against hosting or other services purchased from us in the future. For the avoidance of doubt, the credit cannot be applied to any invoice already levied at the time we apply the credit to your account, and cannot be refunded to a credit card, bank account or payment provider.
- From time to time, we will need to carry out maintenance on our servers. We will notify you in advance if you will be affected by e-mailing you at the address you have given us. Downtime because of such scheduled maintenance is not covered by this agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes any downtime caused by the propagation of a change of IP address, provided we notify you in advance of this change.
- For any account on a billing cycle that is longer than a month, the amount of money that constitutes “one month’s fees” for the purposes of refunds under this agreement are calculated pro-rata. For example, for an account that is paid for annually, “one month’s fees” is one twelfth of the annual fee, and the amount of refund due is calculated to be the relevant percentage of this figure.
- If you take out a hosting package with us part-way through a month, and if the server your package is hosted on experienced downtime before your package went live, that downtime will not be included in calculating the availability of your services with us.